What is LEAF Manitoba?
LEAF Manitoba is the provincial Branch of a national voluntary sector non-profit organization, which advances the equality of women and girls in Canada, through strategic litigation, law reform, and education, based on the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms.
Who is LEAF Manitoba?
LEAF Manitoba is
- Individual and organizational members
- Individual and corporate donors
- Individual and work group volunteers,including:
- A volunteer Board of Directors responsible for ensuring the work is done ethically, effectively, accountably (and we hope, with common sense, compassion and humor!)
- As you are aware we are a volunteer-based Branch. Our Board functions both as a governance board and as unpaid staff. It is essential that each Board Director assume a task in addition to the shared governance responsibilities. Ongoing work groups include Youth Outreach and Breakfast. Ad hoc work groups are formed as needed to address legal issues and special events. General outreach, education and networking are shared. Volunteers will be welcome in all areas but are needed in fundraising, membership development, Library and administrative tasks.